nuffnang

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Boredom...............

Salam...

I'm bored. I feel bored. Sometimes very bored up to to the extend of doing nothing.

What is bored? Bored is like something that you feel empty in your heart where your mind can not tolerate it any more.

Aha......... something just come across my mind. I don't know why, but during my 3 months in Penang, I bought three books. 2 writen by the same author and another by another author. Due to my boredom, I've managed to finish it within a week ( mmm, truthfully the fastest novel I've ever read is Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix which is around ten hours.....)


The books are Philip Pullman's the Subtle Knife and the Amber Spyglass. FYI,this book is a continuation of The Northern Lights (made into a movie famously known as the Golden Campus).

In that book, we can follow the journey of Lyra Bellacqua and her trusted daemon Pantalaimon ( or simply as Pan). She meet another boy which will acompany her throughout her journey to the Amber Spyglass. Many spectacular revelations about the character will be reveal in this too book. What about the ending? Well, let's just say they all happily ever after with some loss's of their loved ones...

Another one is a book from Tolkien's entitled the Hobbit. The book will tell you what takes place before the Lord of The Rings Trilogies. How did Bilbo Baggins meets Gandalf and what adventures did they embarked together prior to the rise of Sauron....

After doing all that, now I'm backed to where I'm started.

Bored again. hmmmmm... can anyone help me out here???..........

2 comments:

ShahRiLL RaMLi said...

phenomenal I would say. but quite sensitive to relate that with christianity. I love Subtle Knife. I call myself as a subtle knife! :)

MNM said...

mmm,actually u can say that the book somehow portrays the church as something destructive or an enemy for the free will of mankind. hehe, infact, the author himself is an atheist if I weren't mistaken la....